TRAIN THE TRAINER FOR SOCIAL TRANSFORMATION
TRAIN THE TRAINER is a development program to enable other communities to use the 26 year old, South Roots Model of Arts for Social transformation
Impartation of Skills, knowledge and understanding in the area of musical theatre and community development for individuals from marginalized communities, who will implement the model within these communities, with hands on mentoring from experienced practitioners.
- 3 Weeks of interactive workshop experience
- 8 Months mentoring program while developing their own production.
- Weekly Zoom connections
Two Individuals from each community will be trained in the South Roots Model. They return to their community for implementation resulting in each community having their own cultural production reflecting the history, present day stories and future hope. This is show cased as a major theatre event, with the potential to be an on-going touring production.
The training involves comprehensive skill development in technical and artistic disciplines, contextualized for each community.
Other Subjects include:
- Research and Assessment,
- Governance and compliance,
- Artistic Disciplines, (Including Script Writing, Directing, Dance Choreography, Song Writing etc)
- Media and communication,(Including lighting, sound, social media, projection etc)
- Project Management, (Including event management)
- Collaboration for Social Cohesion.